Log reading - help?
Sorry to bother you asking about the log entries which occur almost at every use of Veyon Master. I can't find something clear about them.
I got those messages for examples - what do they mean?
- [WARN] VariantStream: none or invalid data read
- [ERR] VeyonConnection: 0x2a64 password encryption failed!
- [WARN] QProcess: Destroyed while process ("ping") is still running.
- [WARN] VariantArrayMessage: could not read message size!
- [WARN] Last message repeated 15 times OR [WARN] Last message repeated 691 times
where do i see those repeated messages?
Some infos about our Veyon Master use:
- Sometimes Explorer is freezing while using Veyon Master.
- From time to time Veyon Master also freezes when using Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture.
- My colleagues have no problems while logging into Master, starting a Demo on about 40 PCs, BUT after a time the screens aren't even synchronous. I tried some settings to lower the process and network load, it's only a little better
I hope, you can help me getting a clearer head about those informations.
I would appreciate that
Anyway - we use 4.5.4
I already tested 4.6 and 4.7 so far. I hope those warning or error messages dissapear in future
tobydox last edited by
I guess most of the messages are related to outdated/mixed Veyon versions on master and student computers. I recommend updating all of them to 4.7.4 and issues such as
pingshould be gone (4.7 doesn't use the ping process any longer for example).
We have similar reports of users which can't get the demo mode work reliably but we're working on it, especially regarding the performance and network bandwidth.