We're happy to announce Veyon 4.8.0, the first release of the latest and last minor release series of Veyon 4. Veyon 4.8 introduces image quality control mechanisms to better meet bandwidth contraints, especially in Wi-Fi networks. A static image quality can now be configured for monitoring mode and remote access views. The demo server controls the image quality dynamically based on the used bandwidth between two key frames and the configured bandwidth limit.
The Windows version of Veyon is now based on the latest Qt 6.5 framework as well as OpenSSL 3 and UltraVNC 220.127.116.11. Also the build environment has been updated to Debian 11 (i.e. GCC 10 and MinGW runtime 8). This allowed us to enable Link Time Optimization (LTO) resulting in better overall performance. At the same time, Veyon 4.8 requires Windows 10 or newer and will not run e.g. on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008.
All downloads for this release are available in the download area.
A complete list of changes in detail can be found below:
- User interface style is now configurable and uses Qt's Fusion style per default
- Added VNC tight encoding support resulting in lower network bandwidth requirements when using image quality levels other than Highest
- Image quality for both monitoring mode and remote control views is now configurable
- Improve style of global toolbar to better match selected user interface style
- Show user logon time in new column in Locations & computers panel
- Demo: added adaptive image quality control to meet certain bandwidth limitations e.g. in Wi-fi environments
- WebAPI: added Qt 6 support
- WebAPI: added "/session" API endpoint
- Fixed fullscreen switching for lock widget and fullscreen demo mode
- Switched from Qt 5.12 to Qt 6.5 improving High-DPI support and desktop integration with Windows 11
- Switched from OpenSSL 1.1.1 to OpenSSL 3.1
- Updated UltraVNC to 18.104.22.168
- Updated OpenLDAP to 2.6.4