tobydox last edited by
We're happy to announce Veyon 4.5.7, the seventh maintenance release of Veyon 4.5.x. This release fixes problems with starting Veyon Server on Linux as well as an LDAP-related regression on Windows. All 3rdparty libraries shipped with the Windows version are now fully security-hardended.
All downloads for this release are available at https://veyon.io/download.
A complete list of changes in detail can be found below:
- Core: allow minus characters in authentication key name
- Linux: x11vnc: auto-detect SHM support – fixes server crashing on start in case of lacking SHM support (no need to manually configure
-noshmas extra parameter any longer)
- Linux: fix Veyon session ID detection in case desktop session path and ID do not match – fixes occasionally broken multi session support
- Linux: add Debian 11 (Bullseye) package
- Linux: add openSUSE 15.3 package
- WebAPI: improve TLS-related error messages
- Windows: 3rdparty: fix LDAP-related crash by switching back to the OpenLDAP 2.4 series and updating to version 2.4.59
- Windows: 3rdparty: update LibVNCServer library to include various minor buffer overflow fixes
- Windows: 3rdparty: rebuild remaining libraries to include full stack protection (OpenLDAP, libjpeg-turbo)